Sunday, November 15, 2015

Reflection on Project 3 Draft

I peer reviewed for Trey and Kyle.


1. Who reviewed your Project 3 rough draft?

Nick and Jayni peer reviewed my draft.

2. What did you think and/or feel about the feedback you received? Be explicit and clear.

I really appreciate that Nick was critical of my draft, because he gave me a lot of help with what I need to fix or work on. Overall, I do agree with his suggestions and critiques. He emphasized that I should use either expert sources or statistics to back up my argument, but because I am doing my article more as a short editorial, I'm not sure how much data I want to add. I want my argument to be mostly based on emotions.

Jayni's review was helpful because she seemed to understand exactly what point I am trying to make in my article as well as the strategies and appeals that I used to make it. Knowing that my readers understand my point and are influenced in some way is helpful and makes me feel like I did a good job with my project.

Image by AJC ajcann.wordpress.com. "Peer Review." Uploaded 5/23/08 via Flickr.
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license. 

3. What aspects of Project 3 need the most work going forward? How do you plan on addressing these areas?

I think I mostly need to make sure that I address my audience in a way that will help them be persuaded by my argument. My genre fits my topic and argument as well as it can, and I think that the purpose of my argument is clear. I just need to put a little more work into catering my article to my audience.

I might try adding in some more logical appeals and see what that does to my argument and it's effectiveness.

As Jayni mentioned, my genre examples differ in how much they refer to outside sources. I should go back over those examples and find exactly where citation is used to better understand if I need to change my article to better conform to the genre conventions.

4. How are you feeling overall about the direction of your project after peer review and/or instructor conferences this week?

The conference was helpful, albeit brief. The couple of suggestions that I got were beneficial. I walked into my conference fairly confident in my project, but after making a few suggested changes, I think it's even stronger.

Nick helped me both with global edits as well as fixing the wording and phrasing of some of my sentences. Jayni focused on helping me with global edits. Both of them were very helpful in making my draft the best it can be.

Once I spend some more time on my draft this week, I hope I'll have a project that I am happy with and proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment